TIAA is one of the largest specialist internal audit providers to the public sector in the UK. Due to increasing demand we are now seeking a talented and skilled Business Advisor to join our Scotland and Northern Ireland team.
At TIAA we are able to provide you with a real career springboard and an unparalleled experience working in varied prestigious public and private businesses. We are looking for someone to join our team with a desire to make a positive difference for our clients and their customers. You will already have demonstrated success in your current field and a desire to make a positive difference through your work. Our Business Advisors have to be first and foremost talented individuals with great interpersonal skills, which are adaptable in a variety of business environments, who are analytically minded, can think outside the box and are looking for a varied and interesting career.
Our extensive training programme will equip you to seamlessly move into an internal audit career, with rapid progression to a Senior Auditor being the immediate goal. The training provided will include opportunities to undertake a relevant professional qualification.
Confirmation into the post is dependent on the successful completion of client Security Clearance and a Defence Business Services Security Clearance.
As one of our Business Advisors your main responsibilities will involve:
- Participating in delivering internal audit reviews to assess robustness and effectiveness of the governance, risk and control arrangements.
- Managing relationships with our clients.
- Ensuring that all assignments are carried out in accordance with our quality and delivery requirements.
- Carrying out the monthly assurance inspections on a large contract covering responsive maintenance works, work in progress, asset file validation and grounds maintenance inspections.
As a Business Advisor your skills and qualifications will include:
- Audit or Accountancy qualification desirable but applicants qualified by experience in delivering consultancy related services will be considered.
- Extensive Audit, Business Advice or consultancy experience.
- Experience in working with the minimum of direct supervision.
- Strong analytical judgement and effective written communication skills, using the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Being an enthusiastic professional who can work with minimal supervision, is a team player, who is flexible and has a genuine interest in assisting clients.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, with an organised approach to the work environment
- An eye for detail to ensure that assurance inspections undertaken accurately reflect the outcome and are in accordance with the stipulated client policies and requirement and inspection output can be processed by the Administrator without additional reference.
- A full driving licence is essential as the successful candidate will be required to undertake regular travel to clients’ premises.
A company car can be offered for this role, as long as the successful candidate meets the requirements of the fleet insurance.
The successful candidate must be eligible to live and work in the UK and may be expected to work anywhere within the geographical areas covered by the Company. Where such areas are outside the geographical boundaries of the team (to which the postholder is allocated) then reasonable prior notice will be given whenever possible.
Evening or weekend work may be necessary from time to time to complete the duties of the post in accordance with the needs of the business. Due to the geographically dispersed nature of our work, from time to time it may also be necessary to stay away from home.
Remuneration and Benefits
In addition to a competitive package which will be based upon your experience, we provide 25 days paid leave plus the option to purchase up to an additional five days through our benefits scheme. Opportunities for part-time or flexible working may also be available. We are a growing business and progression is based upon demonstrating quality delivery, rather than time served, so there are real opportunities for rapid career development for the right candidate.
TIAA is an established employee-focussed company which places great emphasis on staff as well as client well-being.
Application and Selection Process:
To apply, interested candidates should email a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org