TIAA is one of the largest specialist internal audit providers to the public sector in the UK. Our clients include some of the largest and most complex organisations in the country and they look to us to provide them with robust assurance on their internal control and risk management arrangements. After a sustained and continued period of growth, we are now seeking two talented and skilled Internal Auditors to join and assist our North West England and North East, Yorkshire & Humberside teams in maintaining our status as the premier provider of internal audit services in the UK.
At TIAA we are able to provide you with a real career springboard. Our Internal Auditors have to be first and foremost talented individuals with great interpersonal skills, which are adaptable in a variety of business environments, who are analytically minded, can think innovatively to add value and looking for a varied and interesting career. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is already an experienced Auditor or who can demonstrate they have the requisite skills and drive to move up into this role.
As one of our Internal Auditors, reporting to a Director of Audit or Audit Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
• Participating in delivering internal audit reviews to assess robustness and effectiveness of the governance, risk and control arrangements and making and agreeing appropriate recommendations to management.
• Producing high quality reports and associated working papers within agreed timescales.
• Managing relationships with our clients, including communicating findings and recommendations.
• Ensuring that all audits are carried out in the agreed timescales and in accordance with our quality requirements.
As an Internal Auditor, your skills and qualifications will include:
• Ideally IIA/CCAB qualified/part qualified desirable but applicants qualified by experience will be considered.
• Internal audit experience is preferable, however, consideration will be given to those operating in similar roles, such as compliance, quality assurance and finance.
• Knowledge of the NHS, Social Housing, Education and Blue Light sectors would be desirable, however, we recognise that auditing skills are transferable so experience within other sectors will be considered.
• Ability to work with the minimum of direct supervision.
• Strong analytical judgement and effective written communication skills, using the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Being an enthusiastic internal audit professional who is a team player, flexible and has a genuine interest in assisting clients.
• A full driving licence is essential as the successful candidate will be required to undertake regular travel to client’s premises.
The successful candidate must be eligible to live and work in the UK and due to the geographically dispersed nature of our work, from time to time it may also be necessary to stay away from home.
Remuneration and benefits
Salary from £27,000 to £34,000, which will be based upon your experience. A company car is available for this role, as long as the successful candidate meets the requirements of the fleet insurance.
We are a growing business and progression is based upon skills, rather than time served, so there are real opportunities for career development for the right candidate.
TIAA is an established employee-focussed company which places great emphasis on staff as well as client well-being.