About us and the role
TIAA is one of the largest specialist internal audit providers to the public sector in the UK. Our clients include some of the largest and most complex organisations in the country, and they look to us to provide them with robust assurance on their internal control, governance and risk management arrangements.
This senior post within the Company is responsible for the management and direction of the Company’s business support services (including Finance, Payroll, HR, Marketing and Bids, Estates, and IT) to support the delivery of the business plan.
We are seeking an enabler and a solutions-person. The ability to relish challenges and work to tight timetables is a pre-requisite.
This role is vital for ensuring that a strong reputation is maintained against our competitors in the marketplace, therefore the Operations Director will be instrumental in providing tactical and strategic guidance, as well as responsible for developing and implementing all operational aspects of the business plan so this will be an exciting opportunity to utilise your experience in a stimulating new environment.
As our Operation Director, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Ensuring the Corporate Leadership Team and the Board are provided with incisive and timely management information and advice which assists in strategic decision making and risk mitigation.
- Responsibility for developing and maintaining systems to enable corporate operating performance targets to be achieved, including adherence to quality standards and on time delivery of the business plan through the successful execution of resource planning.
- Establishing and executing a plan for operational excellence throughout the business working environment, work processes and activities, such that it supports the delivery of the Company’s business assurance services and the business plan.
- Preparing operating plans and monitoring delivery of the business support services, so that they align with the business plan.
- Managing business support staff across a number of sites, developing and monitoring performance against targets.
As our Operations Director, your experience and skills must include:
- Demonstrable track record of over 10 years’ experience carrying out a similar role in either a private or public sector organisation.
- Proven strategic and performance leadership capability, able to initiate and lead change, delivering tangible results and demonstrating resilience under pressure and a can-do attitude.
- Ability to communicate with impact and clarity, being assertive and influential, building effective and supportive working relationships and networks.
- Proven managerial experience of staff across multi-site organisations.
- Excellent analytical skills in providing focussed management information are essential, as is a strong understanding of analysing financial statements.
- Strong ability to prioritise on a day by day basis such that there is a pragmatic balance between ongoing delivery of the business plan and the mitigation of business risk.
- Full UK driving licence.
- A relevant Accountancy qualification or Finance based degree.
- A relevant professional qualification is preferred but not essential.
The successful candidate must be eligible to live and work in the UK and due to the geographically dispersed nature of our work, from time to time it may also be necessary to stay away from home. The post is a designated keyholder and therefore must reside with an hour’s commute of Fareham.
Remuneration and Benefits
In addition to a competitive remuneration package, which will be based upon your experience, we provide a benefits scheme which includes pension, purchase of annual leave, employee assistance programme.
A company car can be offered for this role, as long as the successful candidate meets the requirements of the fleet insurance.
TIAA is an established employee-focussed company which places great emphasis on staff as well as client well-being.
Application and Selection Process:
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com