About us and the role
TIAA is an independent Security Management provider delivering high-quality services to our public and private sector clients across the UK. We have dedicated Security Management teams and now require an additional Security Management Specialist.
The successful candidate will assist in delivering the Security Management function for a number of our clients across the South. The role is that of an advisory resource for all employees in matters relating to tackling violence and aggression and other security related issues such as the protection of property and assets. Whilst the majority of this work will be in the NHS Sector it will also include other private and public sector organisations.
The main responsibilities will involve:
- Acting as the Security Management Specialist and advisor for a portfolio of organisations in accordance with legislation and guidance including: Health and Safety, Emergency Planning and Criminal Law, as well as the Department of Health and former NHS Protect guidance and within the provisions of the NHS National Commissioning Board Standard Contract.
- Providing strategic and professional advice and engaging in the preparation, development and review of security related strategies, key performance indicators, policies, guidance, reports, work plans and training.
- Working with the SMS Manager to develop, implement and monitor progress against an agreed strategic work plan that covers all security standards / arrangements.
- Leading on the investigation of security incidents, linking into the organisation’s incident reporting system.
- Preparing periodical written reports for the SMS Manager to include details of all security incidents and breaches, the immediate action taken, to include any pending actions and recommendations to mitigate the risk of future occurrence.
- Ensuring that all security management work is carried out within a professional and ethical framework and that all security related performance targets are managed and delivered effectively to plan.
As a Security Management Specialist your skills and qualifications will include:
- Preferably a NHS Accredited SMS, however demonstrable experience in security management or a crime reduction role may be suitable
- Up to date current knowledge of Security Management legislation
- Working knowledge of police and criminal procedures and the criminal justice system
- Witness statement interviewing experience and ability to write to standard required by PEACE, Police/CPS.
- Case file maintenance and report writing experience
- Extensive experience of carrying out interviews under caution in compliance with PACE and PEACE.
In addition to the above, the post holder will have:
- A full UK driving licence and access to a car
- The ability to use Microsoft Office and be able to communicate at all levels (both orally and in writing)
- An aptitude for carrying out management reviews
- The ability to work under pressure and prioritise their workload
- A flexible approach with an adaptive nature
- A high level of commitment
- A sufficiently strong and tactful personality with the ability to gain the respect and support of others at all management levels.
- Effective personal time management skills
The post holder must be eligible to live and work in the UK and may be expected to work anywhere within the geographical areas covered by the Company. Where such areas are outside the geographical boundaries of the team (to which the post holder is allocated) then reasonable prior notice will be given whenever possible.
Evening or weekend work may be necessary from time to time to complete the duties of the post in accordance with the needs of the business.
Due to the geographically dispersed nature of our clients, from time to time it may also be necessary to stay away from home.
Remuneration and Benefits
In addition to a competitive package, we provide 25 days paid leave plus the option to purchase up to an additional five days through our benefits scheme which also includes an Employee Assistance Programme.
We are a growing business and progression is based upon skills, rather than time served, so there are real opportunities for rapid career development for the right candidate.
TIAA is an established employee-focussed company which places great emphasis on staff as well as client well-being. Further details on the company are available at www.tiaa.co.uk
Application and Selection
To apply, interested candidates should email their CV and covering letter to email@example.com