TIAA is proud to support international Charity Fraud Awareness Week 2019, which runs between 21st and 25th October 2019.
The campaign aims to bring together everyone involved in the charity and not for profit sectors to raise awareness and share good practice in tackling fraud and financial crime.
Our specialists are available to provide advice and assurance on fraud prevention, cyber-crime awareness and security management. You can contact us via our contacts page to find out more.
Other useful resources for charities looking to understand more about fraud in the charity and not-for-profit sectors include:
The Fraud Advisory Panel:
- An introduction to moving money safely
- Giving safely: A guide to donating to UK charities
- A guide to donating through crowdfunding sites
- Getting to know your donors
- Getting to know your staff
- An introduction to whistleblowing
Federal Trade Commission:
- Donating through an online giving portal
- Cybersecurity basics for small business (video)
- Cyber security for small business: physical security
National Centre Security Centre: