Director of Anti-Crime Services - Economic Crime and Investigation
Mel Alflatt (ACFS)
Melanie joined TIAA in 2003 and has been promoted through the company to her current role. Melanie leads the Team of specialist accredited counter fraud specialists and investigators conducting fraud prevention and dedication reviews.Read More About Mel
Melanie joined TIAA in 2003 and has been promoted through the company to her current role. Melanie leads the Team of specialist accredited counter fraud specialists and investigators conducting fraud prevention and dedication reviews. Melanie is dedicated and highly motivated with extensive experience in counter fraud for nearly three decades.
Melanie has led and developed TIAA’s approach to proactive reviews ensuring that we provide a leading edge service, which complies with current legal and regulatory requirements and supports organisations nationally in developing preventative controls to safeguard their assets.
Leading and supporting a team of highly skilled specialists, Melanie ensure that teams consistently deliver the plan of proactive review to her portfolio of clients and has successfully led many fraud investigations to prosecution.
- Developed a formal risk assessment and gap analysis fraud prevention tool to assist in identifying gaps in controls and providing advice and guidance to address areas of vulnerability along with a programme of planned work.
- Led on of the first successful criminal investigations for a CCG client and recovered over £93,600 back to the client.
- Undertaken successful criminal prosecutions for variety of NHS clients including a Community Interest Corporation.
- Received a commendation from the Crown Prosecution Service following her work on a successful prosecution.
- Part of an NHS Counter Fraud Authority led focus group that developed the NHS Functional Standard Requirements that were implemented in 2021.
- Appeared in a BBC1 documentary that featured successful NHS fraud investigations.
- Led the development of TIAA’s counter fraud work programme for Clinical Commissioning Groups.