Regional Managing Director
Peter Harrison (CMIIA)
Peter has been Regional Managing Director since 2019 having joined the company as a Principal Auditor in 2004 progressing to Audit Director in 2011. Passionate about making positive change,Read More About Peter
Peter has been Regional Managing Director since 2019 having joined the company as a Principal Auditor in 2004 progressing to Audit Director in 2011. Passionate about making positive change, Peter is highly experienced both in management, leadership and audit and has worked in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors as both an in-house and an outsourced provider for over three decades.
At TIAA, Peter is a member of your Corporate Leadership Team and has overall responsibility for the successful delivery of exceptional services in his team. Peter oversees a growing portfolio of clients and has reshaped his region, strengthening assurance and acting as the senior point of contact at every client. Due to his position as Regional Managing Director, Peter is able to provide a hawk’s nest view of the new and innovative practices and risks on the horizon and can bring that to the table for all his clients.
He is also TIAA’s Data Protection Officer, further deepening the knowledge and skills he is able to provide to his clients whilst promoting good practice across the organisation and driving the company’s strategy to new heights.
- Peter is closely involved in developing audit plans with clients, presenting to senior management and audit committees and managing, training and developing staff.
- Identifying weaknesses in the transfer of personal payroll data to an external provider which had exposed the client to potential data breaches.
- Providing specific training and reviews in relation to governance arrangements, including Board effectiveness and lessons learned.
- Advising clients on the implementation of electronic filing systems of key document to meet grant funding requirements and avoid any breaches of contract and grant recovery.
- Working collaboratively clients to address significant non-compliant property-related issues and providing resources in an advisory capacity.