Improving your organisation’s processes and practices
TIAA is distinctive in that we are a specialist business assurance provider, rather than an accountancy firm. This gives us the ability to offer additional services unique to business assurance.
We know that organisations are under significant pressure to meet challenging financial targets. Our innovative business services add real worth in terms of improving your organisation’s processes and practices. Such efficiency adds value and quality to the business you provide and supports you to succeed.
Specialist investigations service
Our bespoke investigations practice forms part of our Anti-Crime and Investigations Team. Our team of dedicated specialists are able to provide focussed services in areas including:
- Management conduct reviews
- Disciplinary investigations
- Fact finding reviews
- Regulatory breaches (such as data loss / DPA issues)
- Whistleblowing matters
- Criminal investigations
- Cyber risk investigations (including digital forensics)
Government functional standards review service
We provide support to organisations with assessment and developing compliance with the Government Functional Standards, which all government agencies, departments and ALBs are expected to comply with.
Our broad range services can support your organisation with the three key areas of strategy and governance, functional management practices and the management of functional standards.
Data protection advisory service
Our Data Security team can provide a fully outsourced, resilient Data Protection service or assistance for your Data Protection Officer. Our team of experienced Data Protection Advisors can provide you with a pragmatic and proportionate service, which is designed to maximise the integrity and robustness of your organisation’s arrangements, safeguarding personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) guidance.
Key elements of our service include providing:
- Assistance with responding to Subject Access Requests in a timely and independent manner
- Assistance with responding to possible data breaches in a timely and independent manner
- Ongoing Data Protection awareness training for your staff and Trustees
- Resilience when your key staff are on leave
- Data audits to establish any vulnerabilities and to advise on proactive corrective action
- Periodic Data Protection Action Alerts
- Ability for your organisation to demonstrate to funders, regulators and similar that you have in place an independent and robust Data Protection infrastructure
- Proactive reviews on DPA systems and processes (inclusive of FOI procedures)
Risk Management Service
Risk Management if done properly, protects people, reputation and will improve efficiency and effectiveness in service delivery.
How TIAA can help you achieve this
- We look at risk maturity – do you know what yours is?
- We can perform a health check on your risk management arrangements.
- We can provide training and workshops to all staffing levels across your organisation including Board, Corporation, Governors, and Members.
- We can act as mentor and/or facilitator to work with your Risk Management Team.
Risk Management is a never-ending journey – as Donald Rumsfeld (US Secretary of Defence) once said “there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don’t know we don’t know.” Risks that catch us out fall into the later categories and that makes Risk Management so important – IF DONE PROPERLY!
Get the full TIAA experience and find out how we can help your business
Meet the team