Operational Support Administrator
Our Operational Support team is pivotal to the growth of our business. Join us today in what is an exciting and transformational journey.
We are currently seeking two Administrators to join us on a permanent basis here at TIAA Ltd. Whilst we are flexible regarding working from home, this is a hybrid role as it is important that you regularly work closely and collaborate with all of the teams based at our Head Office in Fareham.
TIAA is an established employee-focused company that has operated successfully for over 26 years and has become one of the biggest and most trusted provider of specialist audit, assurance and advisory services to public and private sector industries across the UK.
Our clients include some of the largest and most complex organisations in the country, and they look to us to provide them with robust assurance on their internal control and risk management arrangements. At TIAA, when we talk about corporate social responsibility, we really mean it.
Our Operational Support team, which you will be part of, is a vital part of our business. They work tirelessly to support the delivery of a high-quality client-facing service. As an Administrator your duties will include:
- To support operational teams in contract delivery including engaging with clients as required.
- To assist operational teams in the preparation and issue of assignment documentation in line with performance targets and to assist maintaining structured systems for the storage and archiving of assignment documentation.
- To ensure that client reports are reviewed, proof-read, amended as required and issued in accordance to set KPIs with the minimum of grammatical, typographical and presentational errors.
- To assist operational teams in the coordination and preparation and issue of periodic client reports including summary progress reports, audit committee papers and interim and annual reports.
- To undertake general administration tasks in the support of operational teams and the wider company.
As a member of the Operational Support team, you will need to be highly organised, able to work under pressure and to very tight deadlines. The turnaround times for submitting reports is often short but it’s incredibly rewarding work as you’ll be playing an integral role in the growth of TIAA Ltd. Other requirements include:
- Demonstrable minimum of 3 years’ experience in working to strict timescales and working on multiple projects concurrently
- Strong previous experience in an administration role
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office and other IT applications
- Ability to proof-read reports and apply consistent formatting criteria
- Strong command in written English
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- An organised approach to the work environment
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Flexible, adaptable and willing to learn
- Team player
Why join TIAA Ltd?
It’s the strength of our people that keeps our clients returning. They are passionate about everything they do, understanding the complexities of our niche market and approaching situations in an intelligent, analytical and pragmatic way. Acting with integrity and understanding in every scenario ensures they always remain professional. We have a “can do” spirit rather than an absolute target-driven regime and we care about each of our individual experts and are there right behind them to offer advice, support and training. We believe in giving you the autonomy and recognition to drive your own success. Whether you are just starting out in your career or have the experience to confidently manage your own area, we want to help you realise your potential because we care.
By joining TIAA Ltd you will receive:
- Starting salary of £23,000-£25,000 DOE
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible working arrangements
- Health care cash plan
- Access to our benefits portal
How to apply:
If you’d like to join our Operational Support team at TIAA Ltd, simply click ‘Apply Now’ at the bottom of this page to send us your CV and cover letter. If you’d like to find out more about the role please feel free to email us at email@example.com